Simulate attacks and validate your security architecture with Picus Security and Safetech
For the continuous validation of the security posture of its customers, Safetech Innovations has introduced the Picus Security platform into its portfolio, which allows the identification and correction of vulnerabilities in the shortest possible time.
The implementation of new security solutions does not automatically ensure a proportional increase in the level of protection. The most common reason lies in the misalignment of investment budgets with the most important risks facing organizations. It’s a real problem reported by more than half (55%) of security managers, according to a PricewaterhouseCoopers study (*).
Moreover, 54% of respondents believe that, within their organizations, the effectiveness of security systems is not monitored by reporting on expenses. And 58% are not convinced that the allocated budgets also ensure adequate protection measures against emerging threats.
Beyond the problem of unprofitability of investments, the constant purchase of security solutions amplifies the level of complexity of the protection infrastructure, a fact that translates into a decrease in the efficiency of IT teams and an increase in the level of risk.
The situation is especially common among medium and large companies with extensive security infrastructures. The solution, however, does not consist in reducing the budgets allocated to the cybersecurity area, but in making the investments more efficient and identifying the areas exposed to risks as quickly as possible. Threats are evolving and growing, and regulatory pressure is mounting. It is a combination of factors that compel companies to look for solutions by which they can evaluate and validate the effectiveness of their security solutions.
For these reasons, Safetech Innovations offers its customers the Picus Security platform, which meets these needs through the extended validation of the security posture. The Picus platform achieves this, acting on three levels:
1. Security control validation
A company’s security controls – that is, prevention, detection and remediation measures – are fundamental to its protection against cyber threats. To minimize the risk of breaches, but also to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements, Picus automatically performs periodic and on-demand performance testing. The Picus Security Control Validation (SCV) module uses award-winning proprietary Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) technology for this, which enables organizations to:
- Rapidly identify the weak points in threat prevention and detection systems by continuously evaluating the effectiveness of security solutions.
- Assess their readiness against the latest threats using an extensive threat library, updated daily by Picus experts.
- Optimize prevention and detection capabilities by using signatures and detection rules provided by Picus SCV.
- Operationalize the MITRE ATT&CK detection framework by assessing the level of protection against advanced threats and prioritizing the remediation of exposed areas.
- Improve security / SOC team efficiency by automating manual assessment processes to reduce workload and improve collaboration with other IT teams.
The Picus Attack Path Validation (APV) module enables security teams to automatically discover and visualize vulnerabilities and paths an attacker could exploit and follow to compromise critical systems and accounts. Additionally, the module provides actionable information to remediate those. Thus, using Picus APC, companies get the following:
- Access paths to critical assets. For example, the module identifies the shortest route that attackers can take to compromise Windows Active Directory.
- Extended visibility over the internal attack surface. Picus APV enables simulations of attacks from multiple areas of the network, delivering results quickly.
- Prioritization of vulnerabilities. The solution identifies sensitive areas in a company’s infrastructure where multiple attack paths converge and provides detailed information to eliminate vulnerabilities and misconfigurations.
- Automation of security tests. Picus APV saves time and money by automating security testing down to the endpoint level, detecting lateral movements and other techniques used by attackers.
3. Validation of detection rules
Picus proactively identifies issues related to the effectiveness of SIEM platform rules and delivers actionable insights to accelerate detection and response. Picus Detection Rule Validation (DRV) enables security teams to automate manual detection processes and proactively verify the rules in use. Using the Picus DRV module companies get:
- Increased effectiveness of internal security / SOC teams by validating that the correct rules are implemented and critical incident alerts are triggered.
- Prioritized security issues – reducing false positive alerts eliminates time-consuming tasks and allows SOC teams to focus on issues critical to the organization.
- Proactive validation of security rules – Picus DRV provides extensive information on both the criticality level of threats and the accuracy and performance of SIEM detection rules.
- Optimized threat detection and response – the module provides extended visibility into threat detection and response capabilities, as well as the operationalization of the MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Extensive testing of detection rules – Picus DRV uses an extensive library of real threats, updated daily, to verify the performance of detection rules.
Enhanced security with Picus Security and Safetech Innovations
The Picus Security platform enables organizations to automatically identify weaknesses in their security infrastructure, such as misconfigurations, ineffective controls, or reduced threat visibility. Through continuous validation, performed automatically or on demand, security teams can be assured that a company’s processes and controls are working according to established rules.
Security validation is a continuous process, necessary to ensure the protection of the organization, compliance with the regulations in force, but also to evaluate the level of efficiency of the investments made.
Safetech Innovations is, starting October 2023, an authorized partner of Picus Security. The company provides full implementation, configuration and customization services of the Picus platform according to the specific security needs and requirements of each organization. In addition, customers can choose to use Picus Security together with the security incident monitoring and response services provided by the CERT team of Safetech Innovations to obtain a higher level of protection, access to superior cyber security expertise and reduce the burden on internal IT teams.
For more information about our services and commercial offers, we invite you to contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone at +4021 316 0565.