Stellar Cyber Open XDR – rapid automation of security threat detection and remediation
XDR (Extended Detection and Response) platforms are advanced and versatile solutions that integrate and centralize security data from multiple sources and technologies. By combining detection and response technologies, XDR platforms enable organizations to collect and analyze security data from various sources, such as endpoints (devices used by users), networks, intrusion detection systems, and security information and event management (SIEM) systems. This integrated approach provides a holistic view of threats and enables faster identification and response to security incidents, which unfortunately are becoming more frequent.
In the first quarter of 2023, the number of cyber attacks increased by 7% compared to the same period last year, with an average company facing more than 1,200 cyber security events per week, according to “Infosecurity Magazine” data (1). The increase in the volume of cyber threats is a development that organizations are acutely aware of – 82% of security managers believe that the number of security risks has increased in the last two years (2). And 85% of them claim that the top management of their organizations is much more involved in this regard.
However, while levels of awareness and engagement are increasing, companies still face multiple challenges:
- 31% claim that they spend the most time on detecting priority threats,
- 29% that they do not have complete visibility over the network,
- 23% that they encounter difficulties in aggregating and correlating the data delivered by different security solutions,
- 22% that they cannot monitor and evaluate the progress made during the life cycle of security incidents.
XDR platforms, a new way of approaching security
In order to overcome these limitations, which are increasingly reported in the context of the increase in the volume of threats, many organizations adopt solutions such as XDR (Extended Detection and Response) platforms. The main reason lies in the fact that XDR platforms ensure the efficiency of detection and remediation processes, without increasing the level of complexity of the security architecture. The concrete results are operational simplification, improved speed of reaction to threats, with the help of integrated automations, and improved protection at the level of the entire organization.
The Stellar Cyber Open XDR Platform is a solution that specifically meets the mentioned needs and that Safetech Innovations recommends because it quickly delivers solid results without overburdening IT departments. The main advantage of the solution derives from the fact that it integrates in a single platform advanced security functionalities, usually delivered by products from the Next Generation Security Information and Event Management (NG-SIEM), Network Detection and Response (NDR), Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) or Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) categories.
Operating as a single platform, all threat intelligence as well as advanced machine learning capabilities built into Stellar Cyber Open XDR are natively shared between platform components without the need for additional integration processes. Thus, companies can quickly benefit from a multi-purpose security solution with extended coverage that facilitates the rapid detection of threats and the automatic application of remedial measures.
In a few minutes Stellar Cyber Open XDR can automatically collect, enrich and analyze data from your infrastructure to identify active threats.
At the same time, however, the Stellar Cyber platform can also “collaborate” with the security solutions you already own. There are already more than 400 predefined integrations and agents and/or sensors that can be quickly deployed in on-premises and cloud environments.
What are the core components of Stellar Cyber Open XDR
- Stellar Cyber NG SIEM enables security teams to automatically collect and analyze data from any source. Once collected, the data is enriched with threat information and other contextual information to optimize search and “Threat Hunting” functions. The component also integrates advanced user behavior analysis capabilities to eliminate potential threats missed by other security controls.
- Stellar Cyber NDR combines traffic data collection with data provided by next-generation firewalls, NetFlow and IPFix flows from physical or virtual switches, containers, servers and public clouds. The component performs detailed analysis of traffic generated by applications (recognizes more than 4,000 solutions) as well as metadata and L2-L7 files in network traffic. Stellar Cyber NDR also integrates IDS and sandbox functionality, which allows identified suspicious files to be automatically “detonated” safely to determine whether they are malicious or not.
- Stellar Cyber SOAR enables security teams to automatically respond to cyber threats using predefined Playbooks (suites of remedial actions), thus ensuring increased operational efficiency. Hundreds of native integrations with security and productivity IT solutions allow the creation of an unlimited number of specific workflows, adapted to the characteristic needs of any company.
- Stellar Cyber Open XDR enables organizations to collect logs and alerts from any security control element in an organization’s infrastructure, from the end-device level to cloud infrastructures. Through advanced machine learning technologies and threat detection rules, the component identifies and responds in real time to advanced cyber attacks. Unlike “closed” XDR solutions, which are essentially extensions of a vendor’s detection and response (EDR) product, Stellar Cyber uses a “Bring your Own EDR” approach that allows organizations to use any EDR product they want, with the platform being compatible with a wide range of such solutions.
What do you earn by using the Stellar Cyber solution?
Stellar Cyber Open XDR enables companies to unify, simplify and automate the processes of detecting and remediating security threats. The platform collects data from a wide variety of sources and uses artificial intelligence technologies to correlate and analyze it. Thus, the Stellar Cyber solution enables security teams to quickly complete investigations, improving speed to detection (MTTD) by more than eight times and speed to response (MTTR) by more than 20 times using predefined playbooks.
Using Stellar Cyber Open XDR, companies can protect their entire attack surface, whether it’s on-premises and cloud infrastructure, IT or OT environments, and increase operational efficiency while keeping costs under control.
At the same time, companies can choose to use the Stellar Cyber Open XDR platform together with the security incident monitoring and response services provided by Safetech Innovations’ STI CERT team, to guarantee a higher level of protection.
For more information about our services and commercial offers, we invite you to contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone at 021 316 05 65.